Tuesday, February 12

Update #4

Hi guys, forgive me for yet another update but I simply don't have time for crafty posts just yet. I wanted to tell you that, while I am still at college, I won't be active on this blog so much but I guessed you already knew that. I have some really meaty and quite large projects queued up that I really want to post and will really try to post soon but what I really wanted to chat about was a demonstration I have to do tomorrow. I thought it would be a good idea to introduce it first tonight and then tell you all how it went.

So, when I was working at Hobbycraft I discovered a new crafting technique called Decoupage, or as I like to call it by its brand name, Decopatch, to avoid confusion with the 3D card making technique . You might have heard of it, seeing as it is now all the rage. To summarize, it is decorative paper mache that you can do on all surfaces except for glass (unless you have the ingenious super incredible glue, Mod Podge).

So I decorated a few things, showed them to my Gran and she later came to me and said she wanted me to demonstrate how to do it to the craft club she is with. I accepted with excitement but now I regret it with fervour. Its so terrifying to think I will have to stand up in front of oldies and try to teach them something they probably already know.

Eek.

I will tell you all about it when its over and I will try to take some photos to prove I did it :)

Till then, toodaloo.

No comments:

Post a Comment