Tuesday, September 10

Bead Haul 2013

Hey ho guys! As promised, here is my Bead Haul from a fair I went to a couple weeks back. I had such a great time with friends. We went to the fair and then shopping afterwards. I literally shopped till I dropped as I wore the wrong shoes! It was a tiring but mighty fun day. I hope we make it a habit every year!

I decided to make the most of the gorgeous Indian summer we have had and took my little hoard outside to find some interesting surfaces to use as backdrops.

I love all the beads I’ve got and I would definitely recommend going to some fairs and shows if you are interested because you can grab a great bargain and you never know what you will find!

For example, each of these strands was only £1 each!!!

Shiiny...
Here's some close ups with the pairings I thought of when I bought them.

Purple Crackle beads and Pink beads with gold marbling
I think all the strands I got are glass except the pink ones, which I think are plastic. I also thought the purple beads might go with either of these strands:


Crackle orange beads the same type as the purple and Green crystal beads
Sky Blue crystal beads, the same make as the green
Two tone beads - one side is gold, the other smoky brown!
One tip you must remember though is to have a budget in mind because it's so easy to go craycray with all the sparkly things! And also a rough idea of what you are looking for. I said I wasn't going to buy any rocks/minerals because they were also being sold there. I love to collect them but I have enough, so I said to myself I wouldn't get any. Then I saw a little basic full of polished, beautifully-coloured pebbles, for only 50p each. How could I resist?!

My cat also couldn't resist! :)
I plan to make a few bracelets, especially with the sky blue and two tone strands of beads and then use these to make one for my mum:

A little bigger than the green and blue crystal beads
The last thing I bought were these little boxes. They don't currently have lids so I will have to work around that :)
 

 
So that is my little haul! I hope you liked it. If you have any suggestions you would like to see me use the beads for, I'm open to everything!!
 
Have a good evening guys and I should see you soon for something crafty!
Take care!
Alice x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment